Ortega Forum
But the former stree

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ortega Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-09-2018 03:01:27    Onderwerp: But the former stree Reageren met citaat
" Manny Pacquiao trains at Pedro Acharon Sports Complex in General Santos Cheap Raphael Guerreiro Jersey , Philippines on February 20 as part of his preparation for the bout against Timothy Bradley in Las Vegas, set on April 9. Photo: IC
Manny Pacquiao still trains with the joy that has been a trademark of his spectacular boxing career, but outside of the ring he speaks in ominous, biblical tones about his political crusade against wickedness.

The 37-year-old, who famously hauled himself out of poverty in the Philippines to become one of the world's greatest and wealthiest boxers Cheap Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Jersey , is nearing retirement.

After a recent training session in his impoverished southern hometown of General Santos, Pacquiao told AFP he was looking forward to hanging up his gloves after fighting Timothy -Bradley in April, and pursuing a political career.

Pacquiao, already a congressman, is running for a Senate seat in May elections - with an eye on an eventual presidential run - and his star power in a nation famed for its celebrity-obsessed politics is likely to see him win.

But the diminutive boxer Cheap Park Joo-ho Jersey , loved for so long in sporting circles for his friendly demeanor and reluctance to trash talk opponents, offered no spirit of compromise to his political foes.

He couched his political ambitions with an intense religious fervor borne out of a late-career switch from a playboy-lapsed Catholic to a devout evangelical Christian.

""My goal is to serve the people honestly and to expose the wickedness and detestable things in God's eye that most of the politicians do,"" Pacquiao said when asked about his political ambitions.

Pacquiao's newfound religious fury ignited a global controversy last week when he said homosexuals were worse than animals.

""It's common sense. Do you see animals mating with the same sex? Animals are better because they can distinguish male from female,"" Pacquiao told Filipino television station TV5. ""If men mate with men and women mate with women, they are worse than animals.""

'Detestable'

Even more inflammatory comments were then posted on his Instagram account Cheap Ousmane Dembele Jersey , but quickly deleted as his advisers tried to limit the battering to his international reputation.

""If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable,"" the post read, quoting a Bible passage from Leviticus.

""They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.""

In the US - where Pacquiao has fought most of his bouts, earned the bulk of his riches and long been a fan favorite - the response to Pacquiao's comments was a mixture of shock and horror.

Nike Cheap Omer Toprak Jersey , Pacquiao's major global sponsor, canceled its endorsement deal with him, describing his comments as ""abhorrent.""

Asked by AFP to discuss his views on homosexuality and the international outrage, Pacquiao was unrepentant.

""What I did wrong was just comparing the people to animals, but you know what I am telling is the truth Cheap Nuri Sahin Jersey ,"" he said.

""I mean I am just telling what the Bible says. We believe God and then we should honor the word of God.""

Pacquiao's religious fervor extends to other social issues - he is a public opponent of divorce, abortion and contraceptives. As a congressman, he voted against a bill to give poor Filipinos free condoms and safe sex education.

'Headed for hell'

It is a sharp turnaround on the sanctity of the family for Pacquiao, a father-of-five whose wife used to speak publicly about his infidelities before he turned to religion, and who was also well-known for gambling and drinking.

""I do realize I was a weak person before. If I had died the other year Cheap Neven Subotic Jersey , I believe my soul would have ended in hell,"" Pacquiao told reporters in 2012, shortly after entering politics as a member of the nation's lower house.

Pacquiao's conservative social views are expected to help his quest to become leader of the Philippines, where about 80 percent of the 100 million people are Catholics.

Even his gay slurs are unlikely to hurt, according to Clarita Carlos Cheap Mikel Merino Jersey , a -political science professor at the University of the Philippines in Manila.

Carlos said this was not because people endorsed his views on homosexuality. She said it was rather because the tens of millions of poor Filipinos who idolized Pacquiao, and were his -natural political base, had more pressing issues to worry about.

""They barely have three meals a day so what do they care about these things. They care about food, they care about their homes,"" she said.

Pacquiao's political narrative is indeed heavily focused on helping the poor Cheap Maximilian Philipp Jersey , and in his home province he is genuinely loved by many for spending some of his fortune on his constituents.

In the interview with AFP, Pacquiao described his ""joy and happiness"" at personally funding new housing for more than 1,000 families in the southern Philippines.

But the former street kid added he had a more important reason for -voters to choose him.

""I have a pure heart,"" he said. ""I am serving with the guidance of the Lord and I am serving with the fear of the Lord.""

" Welcome to the third and final article installment of this three-part series on dental implant financing and the cost of implant procedures in Houston. Thus far, we’ve covered many of the questions patients frequently ask implant dentists Cheap Matthias Ginter Jersey , from how much the various implant procedures cost to what kind of financing options are available. We have two issues left to discuss and we’ll start with perhaps the most obvious question.

FAQ: Why are dental implants expensive?

Answer: Dental implants aren’t actually expensive when you consider exactly what it is you’re buying. This is one of the most detrimental misconceptions abound when it comes to dentistry because it compels many patients to choose inferior tooth replacement solutions rather . Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Jerseys Free Shipping Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ortega Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: