Ortega Forum
One activity

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ortega Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-06-2018 03:53:49    Onderwerp: One activity Reageren met citaat
"
LONDON Uomo Nike Air Max 95 Bianche Saldi , July 25 (Xinhua) -- It was a day of mixed fortunes for the reigning Olympic champions on the second day's competition of the IAAF Diamond League meeting in London on Saturday.

Renaud Lavillenie, the Olympic champion and world record holder, broke his own stadium and meeting record by clearing 6.03 meters in the men's pole vault event.

In an event postponed from Friday night due to rain, the Frenchman sailed over 5.73m, took the lead at 5.87m, and then negotiated 5.93m and 6.03m all in his first attempts improved his own mark by one centimeter.

Canada's Shawn Barber finished second with 5.93m, failing at 6.03m three times.

Lavillenie broke Ukraine legend Sergey Bubka's 21-year-old world record of 6.15m early last year with 6.16m Uomo Nike Air Max 95 Nere Grigie Scontate , failed three times trying a world lead of 6.10m.

He said after the win, ""I'm very happy to be able to jump today instead of yesterday, today was perfect conditions for us.

""Now I have to stay focused and go back and train for Beijing. Jumping six meters is always a good performance and to be able to do it again in London, for me is really important. It's good that I was able to clear at the first height is important, it's what I want for the World Championships.""

Local hero Greg Rutherford, who took his ""super Saturday"" Olympic triumph three years ago, suffered a surprise defeat in the men's long jump Uomo Nike Air Max 95 Nere Outlet , fouling his first three attempts before landing his best at 8.18m in round four.

He finished third behind American Marquis Dendy and Zarck Visser of South Africa. Dendy won the title in a last round effort of 8.38m.

""It was very frustrating again,"" Rutherford said. ""If I could have got one in the first three (jumps) I think I could have won the competition again but that's what happens in the long jump, if you don't get your run up correct you can end up finishing third like today so I'm really disappointed.""

New Zealand's Valerie Adams, a twice Olympic gold winner and four-time world champion, suffered her second IAAF Diamond League defeat in as many meetings when she was beaten by Michelle Carter of the United States in the women's shot put.

Adams hit 18.59m in round two, followed by four fouls. Carter went beyond 19 meters on all but one of her six attempts and won the event with 19.74m.

Adams, who has been plagued with elbow injuries Donne Nike Air Max TN Bianche Sconti , said, ""It's been a rocky road (to come back from injury). I have to be patient, my big aim is Rio (2016 Olympics), so I had to get myself sorted in time.""

""I've been dominant for five years and recently it has been unknown territory, but I'm human, my body has had a tough beating. I'm looking forward to next year and getting back to 20 meters.""

Another 2012 Olympic champion was also defeated in the women's javelin when Czech Barbora Spotakova was beaten by Latvia's Madara Palameika, who threw 65.01m 2016 Uomo Nike Air Max TN Bianche Italia , by one centimeter.

Nijel Amos of Botzwana outsprinted world record holder and Olympic champion David Rudisha by a tenth of a second in the 800m.

After claiming the silver medal behind Rudisha three years ago here, Amos has beaten the Kenyan in six out of seven races.

""All I wanted was the win, and I got it, so I'm happy,"" Amos said. ""I was confident and, with my speed, I knew with the last 100 I could take it.""

Jamaican American Sanya Richards-Ross Uomo Nike Air Max TN Tutte Nere Outlet , the Olympic 400m champion, finished sixth in the wmen's 200m and was ahead of Englishwoman Jessica Ennis-Hill, the Olympic heptathlon champion, who finished eighth with a season-best 23.49.

"

by Levi J Parsons

SYDNEY, Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- The Australian Army has heralded the "courage" of Chinese soldiers, after a six-day trilateral training mission that also included the United States wrapped up in Cairns, Australia.

Now in its fourth year 2016 Uomo Nike Air Max TN Nere Argento Saldi , exercise Kowari aims to strengthen defense cooperation between the three countries, as well as enhance mutual understanding and friendship between its participants.

In total, three teams of 10 soldiers from each nation were chosen to take part, but unlike previous years which focused on survival training in Australia's Northern Territory and included activities like hunting crocodiles, this year in Cairns was all about adventure.

"On this exercise we had people hiking across Bartle Frere (Queensland State's tallest Mountain)," Brigadier Neil Sweeney of the Australian Defense Force (ADF) told Xinhua on Tuesday.

"We have had people sea kayaking, we've had them white-water rafting and we have also had a canyoning episode Uomo Nike Air Max 2017 KPU Marina Bianche Scontate , where people have got to canyon down a waterfall."

"It's really important we build skills like resilience, the ability to overcome fear, the ability to work in a complex environment and to build teams in an environment such as white-water rafting or sea kayaking."

In contrast to more traditional joint military exercises where nations compete against one another, in order to test their capabilities, Kowari participants have to work with each other to overcome challenges.

"Each and every team has faced the challenges head on, they all learnt new skills and they have all made a lot of friends in the process," Sweeney said.

"They're particularly challenging activities for everyone Uomo Nike Air Max 2017 KPU Rosse Nere Scontate ," he said. "The Chinese soldiers, the U.S. soldiers and indeed the ADF soldiers have done a fantastic job."

In particular, Sweeney noted that he was especially impressed with the bravery shown by the Chinese soldiers during the training.

One activity, aimed at growing confidence, tasked participants with leaping off a 10-meter high rock face into waters below.

After seeing "zero hesitation" before the jump, one Australian officer described the Chinese as "fearless" after this activity.

"So the People's Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers have been fantastic in showing their courage here, from the courage that is built into their own training."

Major General . Alexander Fransson Sweden Jersey Hector Bellerin Spain Jersey Jesus Molina Mexico Jersey Julian Draxler Germany Jersey Cheap Texans Jerseys Cheap Baltimore Ravens Jerseys Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Green Bay Packers Jerseys Wholesale Detroit Lions Jerseys Wholesale Cleveland Browns Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ortega Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: